Breaking News
Loading...

Lacson Will resign The President Cabinet This Coming Febrauary

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Just two days after President Aquino accepted the resignation of Health Secretary Enrique Ona, rehabilitation czar Panfilo Lacson said he will quit his post by February 2015.

In an interview on ANC, Lacson said he decided to submit his irrevocable resignation because his office has already fulfilled its task of implementing the rehabilitation plan for areas hit hard by super typhoon Yolanda last year.

Lacson recommends that an agency, like the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council, takeover the functions of his office. 

"We got the job done, we have completed the masterplan and it was approved in October. The other day, I submitted to the president a proposal to give back to the NDRRMC, the duties and responsibilities my agency have now. It dawned on me there should be a permanent agency that will address, not only Yolanda, but other disasters in the country," Lacson said.

Lacson also denies his decision had anything to do with any future political plans. 

"Running for elections has nothing to do with the decision to recommend for transition period," Lacson said. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer